Friday, March 15, 2013

Week 10: LoTi Survey and Levels of Technology Integration

Food for Thought: "Technology is a gift of God. We just have to learn how to use it!"

Our wonderful experience is about to end and I started to hate the times when I didn't have enough time to explore the assignments thouroughly and with maximum dedication...I've started to miss this class already...

This week we found out about LoTI...unfortunately the following image and my colleagues posts were the closest I could get to it, because the username lotiguest didn't work any longer because it had been deleted overnight. I think it was due to the fact that it contained the word "test": lotiguest..I believe I saw a warning somewhere saying that if your username or password contains the word "test" the account will be nightly deleted. Therefore I am very grateful to the posts everyone wrote in Discussions on nicenet so I could see how LoTi works.. It seems really interesting!


My final comment--as I lack the time to write more due to the immense amount of work that I have received lately--is about technology and its amazing effects upon my English classes: I really believe that technology is the helping hand that allows us teachers to keep our students engaged in the learning process as it appeals to their world and their lifestyles..


THANK YOU COURTNEY AND UO AEI!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Alina,
    I really liked the quote by John Dewey. There is just one problem that nobody knows what the future holds :), therefore it is quite puzzling to prepare students for tomorrow challenges. Yet thinking out of the box might certainly help in this endeavor. Creativity begins where thoughts collide with limits. Good luck with your teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alina,

    I really like your opening quote in this post: 'Technology is a gift of God. We just have to learn how to use it!' I think this course has taught us so many useful ways of technology use both in our professional and personal lives.

    I share your wistful feelings about the end of our great webskills experience. I will definitely miss a lot our Nicenet discussions and online meetings. Thanks to this course, I have had a wonderful opportunity to meet so many great friends from all over the world, one of them being you, my dear Alina. Our virtual collaboration taught us so many wonderful things that have enriched us both personally and professionally. We have learned so much from each other and that is definitely one of the most important outcomes of this course.

    I sincerely hope we will stay in touch. As you wrote in your comment on my blog, Romania and Bosnia and Herzegovina are not so far away, so if you ever decide to come by please let me know.

    I wish you all the best!

    Kind regards,
    Izela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alina. As the journey comes to an end, I stop by to say good bye and to thank you for your nice posts (I really loved your food for thought section every week)and for being my partner in the final project. It was a real pleasure and I really wish the best for you.

    A big hug from Costa Rica and keep on doing that amazing job you do, although it is tiring and demanding, the rewards are priceless.

    Your friend,

    Hector.

    ReplyDelete